E-Z Clor O2 Shock


Well-known member
May 7, 2020
Lathrop, CA
My PB left three packets of this product and I'm wondering what is it used for. Any ideas?
Not sure what to do with it. The description on the back is quite cryptic to me, something about oxidizing nitrogenous compounds that apparently accumulate in pools and spas.
I don't mind keeping it if it is useful for treating a specific problem, but if it's useless that what's the point of keeping it?



Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
It is MPS - non-chlorine shock.

Do not use it in your pool. It will mess up your FC/CC test results for a long time.
Give it away or dispose of it.


TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio
Or use it in your laundry -- it is the same thing as Oxi=Clean!
Close. Oxi is Sodium Percarbonate. Which you can get for pools, because of course you can. ?

It is similar to MPS in that it is only useful in very specific circumstances, except that instead of adding sulfates it will drive the TA through the roof.
  • Like
Reactions: mknauss