Dust storm.

dozer11

Jun 2, 2014
Thompson, ND
Just got pool nice and clear then there was a dust storm. The finest, tiniest particles of topsoil were blown into the pool. I live in the farm fields of ND and got most of the field into my pool. Suggestions? I was vacuuming today and I could see the dirt coming back into the pool via the return jet. It’s too fine for my sand filter to capture. I added DE and that seemed to help but minimally.45BE0DF7-8A00-4BAC-81B7-DB42EDC70376.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dozer !! I hate to be the fun sucking police. Oh my, how I hate to ruin the fun. But I just wanted to remind you that you need to be able to see bottom well enough to rescue a disabled swimmer if need be. Seconds turn into minutes once the panic sets in.

The pics may be misleading, but it looks too cloudy from here.

I was definitely keeping an eye on it and the photo is misleading as you can/could see the bottom of the pool
Sun angle, your angle, time of day, what the camera actually captures......... yeah. Lots of variables.

Looks like you have two VIPs enjoying the pool, so just wanted to make absolutely sure you were already on it. Maybe it teaches someone else with similar. Safety 1st. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.