Duck Rescue

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
My renter called me and said there were ducks in the pool and they couldn't get out. I said if they flew in they will leave soon enough.

He then said they are baby ducks. I'm thinking that is impossible, but go over anyway and this is what I found... Click on pic to enlarge...

The baby ducks were riding the mom's back.. I built a ramp for them to use, but my English to duck language translator failed to work so I tried to herd them on to the ramp.. Much harder than it looks as they are fast little buggers. At one point they all swam into the skimmer and when I took the top off they were all bobbing up and down... Pushed them out and finally got them to walk the plank...

Mommy of course is going crazy the whole time... After they finally all got out, I shooed them down the drive way and they disappeared... I have no idea where they came from as there is no place in the backyard they could have been hatched..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Had the same thing happen at a client's pool last year. luckily she kept some boogie boards out that I could build a ramp for them to run up because I sure wasn't netting them. You're right, they are fast and these ones were very good divers. No mother in sight for me luckily, one last thing to worry about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.