Drill tip for removing pool anchor bolts?

Can you show us a pic of the 'pool anchor bolts" you are trying to remove?

If you are talking about the anchors that use a hex head (allen wrench) to remove it's pretty simple. I found that some of my replaceable screwdriver bits were the correct size. I just put them in my drill backwards so the hex end was on the outsize. They are pretty short but it worked. I also had an extension for the replaceable bits. I flipped that around as well. It was longer so it was easier to use.

Use a 3/8” bit, drill in the centre, then buy and easy out bit, it’s reverse threaded and will bite into the anchor.

If you are not talking stuck anchor, I use a 20” bit that I’ve cut the head off and I use it in my hammer drill. If an anchor is being a nuisance, I’ve found one shot in either direction will loosen it. Brass is soft so it’s rare they won’t come out with some elbow grease or a hammer drill.

The backwards screwdriver bit thing is what I use.

One note of caution. The brass screw threads can very easily get buggered up if sand or dirt get in the threads and you use a drill to jam them in or out. At the first sign of sticking or grinding, stop and spray some WD40 down in the threads and work the anchor back and forth until it loosens.

A long handled allen wrench came with my cover or anchors, not sure which. I cut off the short end so i would have just a long hex rod, about 18 inches. works great in a drill, not so much bending. If your drill has torque settings, use a very low setting to avoid over tightening/stripping.

Use a 3/8” bit, drill in the centre, then buy and easy out bit, it’s reverse threaded and will bite into the anchor.

If you are not talking stuck anchor, I use a 20” bit that I’ve cut the head off and I use it in my hammer drill. If an anchor is being a nuisance, I’ve found one shot in either direction will loosen it. Brass is soft so it’s rare they won’t come out with some elbow grease or a hammer drill.
On the same note that brass is soft they can very fast round out the hex hole if the anchor is tight. Best way is by hand so you can feel when they're stuck and ease it out rather then destroy them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.