draining pool due to uneven ground

In that case you'll probably need a small submersible pump to go uphill. You can either purchase a small one online or rent a sump pump from places like Home Depot (with larger hoses) to get it out fast.

We are on a well (took 30 hrs to fill). It was crooked. We are draining but have no idea where it should go. We aren’t in city so no waste grates. Does it kill lawns or sink in? How do people get rid of their water???? This has been the worst experience and I wish I didn’t even get it because we are in way over our heads. I am grateful to those that take their valuable time to assist. Bless you. Also what do we need to do with the pump while we decide what to do? It was working mixing up salt for 24 hours and we powered it off.

The water is not all that salty. It is best to not drain directly on garden or lawn, primarily due to the volume.

Are you on septic or sewer?

Reactions: Cathyinww
Then find the best place to out that amount of water. Ditch, etc. If you drain to lawn, you need to be sure it is well flushed afterwards to dilute the salt. You do not say where in Colorado, but many areas are quite dry and thus the salt could be an issue if you do not water that area or get rain to dilute the salt.

• Love
Reactions: Cathyinww
We set the 32 x 16 x 52 up wrong. Have to take it down. Draining water now. There was one corner that was lower (too full). What do we do with the filter in the interim? We were filtering the salt.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure what you are concerned about. Drain the filter. You do not have a signature filled out so we have no idea what equipment you have.

Using Poolmath the volume of the pool is 15000 gallons. Is that what you are using? Please complete your signature. Create Your Signature - Further Reading

To get to 3000ppm or so would take the 9 bags. You should add 6 bags, circulate pool for at least 24 hours, then test the salinity with a K1766 test kit, and then add the amount of salt needed to reach your goal salinity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.