Draining a semi above ground pool question.

Enkil810

Aug 16, 2014
Winnie/Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello I have a problem I need some advice on. I have a 18x33x54 above ground pool that is semi in ground. The pool has sprung a leak and is slowly flooding my neighbors yard. The pool is close to the property line. The water turned green after the tropical weather and its to cold to get in now. Can I drain a semi above ground pool to find the leak, clean, and refill? I'm trying to find the best solution. I dont want my walls to collapse. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

The advice I was given on a semi, is that you don't drain it if the yard is wet. You need the ground to be hard/firm and dry, and then you drain and refill quickly; don't let it sit empty for a few days. I think, too, it would matter how much of the pool is in the ground. The advice I was given was regarding a pool 2 feet in ground. Good luck. I hope you get this resolved quickly.

Reactions: kimkats
If you drain with the ground so wet your risk the dirt/mud collapsing into the wall. With no water to hold pressure on the inside of the wall you risk losing the pool :(

Have you called around to see if there is a leak detection company? Might be worth it.

Theres nothing holding back the earth without water. Semi buried are sensitive to ground conditions as others have said. I wouldnt drain I would let it keep leaking until it stops. If you get 75% empty its gonna be on the floor or wall transition. Never too cold for a wetsuit!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.