Drainage around pool

Fun4Life67

Silver Supporter
May 15, 2020
Mount Pleasant NC
The graders were here yesterday and did the grading. I have a sloped back yard. On one side of the pool the yard will be about 2 feet high maybe a couple inches more. They will be here on monday to install the pool. If they install the pool real close to that high side i think water will go down in there and wash sand away. And how will i back fill if its so close to that high side? When i backfill do i just put the dirt around the bottom of the pool about 6 inches high? Im in NC the dirt is pretty much clay.20200619_152412.jpg20200619_152412.jpg

Looks like you need a retaining wall. If you search the forum for examples, you’ll see what i mean. How much space did you plan for, between the pool and the wall?

Doesn't look extreme enough to me, from the pics, to install a retaining wall. If I were going to back fill, I'd do it with stones to aid in draining.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.