Drain pool or chem treat?

Email [email protected]. See if they can assist.
Yes, get hold of them. I had issues with my first order. They immediately shipped out another order. Then, the first order showed up. Thankfully, I got to them before the second set left their site. So, it all worked out. The point is though that they acted quickly to get me a new set once we thought it was lost.

Just to clarify, vacuuming to waste won’t do any harm correct? I was thinking of trying to get as much dead algae and organic matter out of the pool as possible before the SLAM process so that I do not lose my levels AS quickly

Just to clarify, vacuuming to waste won’t do any harm correct? I was thinking of trying to get as much dead algae and organic matter out of the pool as possible before the SLAM process so that I do not lose my levels AS quickly
It won't do any harm and will certainly help clear out any solids still lingering in the pool. Just be sure to keep any eye on the water level so it doesn't get too low. You will likely fill up your skimmer basket pretty quickly with leaves and other solids.

Reactions: pb4uswim
Looks like you’ll be fine. It would be better if it didn’t go up to the coping, but it looks like you have some room there yet. As for being over the skimmer, it’s still circulating the water if you’re running the pump, just not skimming. If you can easily drain a few inches, I’d do it, but I wouldn’t worry about it tonight. I certainly wouldn’t risk my well being (lightning) over it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like you’ll be fine. It would be better if it didn’t go up to the coping, but it looks like you have some room there yet. As for being over the skimmer, it’s still circulating the water if you’re running the pump, just not skimming. If you can easily drain a few inches, I’d do it, but I wouldn’t worry about it tonight. I certainly wouldn’t risk my well being (lightning) over it.
i turned it on waste and let it go for an 25 minutes so far. Try to flush out as much water as possible.

Drain outlets are usually positioned just under the lip of the pool. It may look like a small rectangle with a grid covering, or it may be round with nothing covering it. The overflow drain may be plumbed to your storm sewer or it may empty into a low spot in the yard.

i turned it on waste and let it go for an 25 minutes so far. Try to flush out as much water as possible.
If it’s not actively lightning out draining to waste would be an excellent time to vacuum to waste.

Also on my Intex when I need to drain from too much rain I at least throw in a good long filter backwash. It’s a “free” backwash since unlike the hot dry periods of summer when backwashing wastes water and you’ll eventually have to refill, you gotta drain anyway so why not give your filter a good backwash? After a good backwash followed by a rinse I’ll swap back over to drain to waste if I need to drain more water as that’s faster.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
An overflow drain could be inside the skimmer. It will be a small hole towards the top of the skimmer. The pipe leading from it will go somewhere to daylight to drain the water out.

With a vinyl liner do your best to not let it get over the top of the liner track.

Reactions: zea3
Question. I have not received my test kit yet. I could have swore that I seen a decent sized branch in the pool after hurricane Laura but, I have yet to feel anything while brushing. I’m barely getting leaves now when I rake. I have tried to throw a casting net in but was unsuccessful. I don’t know if it was rotten and disintegrated or if the reflection of the water made it look bigger than actual size. I did pull out a decent branch when I first opened. Anyone have any tips on how I can ensure this isn’t actually in the pool? I really don’t want to drain the pool. Again, I have not felt anything big while brushing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.