Drain Pool for high CH & CYA???

Just a small wading pool I see..

There are several ways to drain.

My equipment pad has a hose bib in the pipe between the pump and filter. I turn on the pump open the valve and pump water to wherever I put the hose.

So first check your pad for something like that.

You can rent a sump or trash pump ( or buy one at Harbor Fright)

If you have fittings in you returns you can make a modified one and attach to a hose

Those all work.

Re: Drain Pool for high CH & CYA???

Ok, I do have hose bib in my equipment setup it comes directly off of my filter. WouldThat be the appropriate one for draining the pool? Thank you so much for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I be adding any liquid chlorine now or should I wait until I get to CYA and calcium in check?

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

You said:
had our water tested

Not much credence is given to pool store testing around here. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite. Between employees who blindly trust the word of chemical sales representatives and high school kids working in the pool store for the summer you end up with poor results from their testing. But, what can you do?? We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100 and I also have the SpeedStir and Sample Sizer. They speed testing and accuracy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.