drain leaking

Spots

Jul 6, 2018
nonya
the drain on my pool is on the side my pool and my foot always seems to go right to it when i clean the skimmers and such, will now it has developed a leak, on the outside, i tried to fix it with silicone but the moment my foot went to it yet again. it started to leak again. any suggestion on how to permanently fix this, ? it looks like its 2 pieces the outside plug broke free of the plastic liners parts it attached to. and it looked like it was the like a female part to the inner plug.

thought of going to the hardware store and getting some pve pipe to stick through the hole and replace the 2 plugs with caps and also allow it to hook to a standard hose without an adapter. and glueing or silicone the pvc part in to seal it. thoughts ?

rather not have to have it empty for days though. pic is a screenshot from a video for reference of what im talking about. and if any one has a suggestion to better drane it at a faster rate that would be good. sand filters is no good at draining once past the skimmer

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 2.39.09 PM.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave: Since no one has replied yet, I thought I should try and maybe others will follow. But to be honest, I don't see a very good outcome on that drain plug. I don't see anything working from the outside since water will almost always push it out. Since it looks like that is a big bladder-type pool, it flexes which makes repairs a bit difficult. If you decide to drain the pool to try and repair it, a submersible pump would be a quick way to remove the water. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.