Drain Fitting with ball valve for Hayward Filter?

Jun 13, 2015
Southborough, MA
Hi folks! First post here! We just completed our pool this week. Our Hayward Swinclear filter was installed in a tight area with the filter drain facing a planted bed. I'd like to be able to drain the filter and divert the water 30-40 feet away. I'd like to be able to install a 1 1/2" drain with ball valve so that I can easily attach a hose to drain the filter. Can this easily be done with pvc parts from a hardware store? Would the threads on a standard 1 1/2" match the filter? Any other thoughts? Parts needed?

thanks in advance!

updated to include pic. You can see the start of the plant bed on bottom. Ideally, I'd like to divert water between the bed and equipment (to right).

image.jpg

Hello, & welcome to TFP.

If you could post some pictures of the situation it would really help.

Posting Images

I'm sure you can find what you need at the local hardware or depot and something can be easily made to adapt to your needs.

Acorrding to the SwimClear manual there is a Cartridge Filter Plumbing Kit # DE2400PAK2CS available also.

Dom

Edit:

What if you created a catch basin, to allow the small amount of water to enter and then with either a hard pipe or flexible pipe, re-route to where you want the water to go. I am assuming you have to close the drain each and every time.

If this was my system, I would not modify it, but work around it. It is possible this could also VOID the manufactures warranty.

Lastly, what if you took a wet vacuum and upon opening the drain, you quickly vacuumed the water out of there, helping it not enter the plant bed.

Edit:

What if you created a catch basin, to allow the small amount of water to enter and then with either a hard pipe or flexible pipe, re-route to where you want the water to go. I am assuming you have to close the drain each and every time.

If this was my system, I would not modify it, but work around it. It is possible this could also VOID the manufactures warranty.

Good thought. I was actually thinking of this. I just redid the yard as part of the pool install. It would require digging a 40 foot trench, etc. obviously a little more work. So I thought I'd explore all options in case there is something "easier."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.