Downgrading Super II pump from 2HP/220V to 0.75HP/110V

One clarification. The removal of the SF is only for manufactured pumps and does not apply specifically to motors purchased separately. At least not yet. That will take a bit longer to work it's way through the system.

Right. In my use case, having the starting current provided by the vendors would also help properly size backup power. In my corner of the woods, the February Texas winter event was downright scary and a lot of folks are wondering what to do when it inevitably repeats. Not many pool owners seem to realize that all they have to do is turn off power then drain their equipment simply unscrewing a few drain valves when freezing is a concern. (Of course, in summer that would result in mosquito-inducing swamps. But backup power could solve this also providing a way to cool down!)

Of course writing "all they have to do" does not account for the formation of ice on the pool surface. While letting ice form didn't seem to result in cracked pool shells, it definitely had the potential of damaging fine tiling work. Short of backup power, I don't think there is a simple way to avoid that.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.