Dosing acid... and Bleach

acroy

May 11, 2010
Dallas TX
I have a SW pool. The SWG is undersized for the pool - at 100% output it does not make enough FC. All else is good - runtime, all other chemistry.

I'm going to start supplimenting with bleach to get the FC up.

I've already rigged an acid doser to maintain pH, using drip lines & fiitings, plugged into the suction side of my pump. It pulls 5% (watered down) acid from a 5-gal pail whever the pump is running. Works like a charm! :party:

I'd like to set up a similar system for bleach. Any objections to mixing the two chemicals using a T-fitting into the pump??

or would that just make chlorine gas, and blow up everything & kill everyone :whoot: ?

I can water down the chemicals to any 'safe' level. I only need maybe a gallon of regular stregth bleach a week.

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
I would not suggest storing Bleach and acid anywhere near each other. While I'm sure you can build a good dosing device, one malfunction = kaboom :thumbdown:

Just my opinion.

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
They need to mix into the pool water separately, never mix acid and bleach together before adding to the pool. If you are using a pump or injector of some kind for both acid and bleach the injection points need to be at least a foot apart.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
azpooldude Testing and Balancing Your Water 7
M Testing and Balancing Your Water 3
L Everything Else 8

Other Threads of Interest