Don't Trust my PH Meter

Apr 25, 2018
Ringwood
I recently purchased the TF-100, and it has been a pleasure to use. I also added the optional PH Meter (PH-009) to the order. I always had a hard time distinguishing the colors on my old crappy test kit, so I figured this would be helpful. Surprisingly, it is much easier to interpret on the TF-100 kit.

I did all the calibration on the meter using powders and using only distilled water, to get it accurate, however it seems way off when I use it in practice, by a good .5. I noticed this last night when I was testing my Spa, and I just took the cover off my pool today, and started testing. The color of the liquid was definitely in the yellow to orange range but the PH meter was showing 7.4, which seems very high.

Has anybody else run into this issue with the PH meter?

P,

I have (had) a similar pH tester and found you almost have to calibrate it just before you use it every time...

For me anyway, it became much more trouble than it was worth..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have one. The only way the reading is somewhat accurate and I still don’t use it is to calibrate the unit to the exact temp of ur water sample. So if u calibrated with 70 degree solution. Ur test samples have to be the same. Which in the real world isn’t going to happen. I would just put it away and try to get used to the colors.

I use it and find it very accurate. I rinse with distilled water and check calibration with a standard 7.0 solution. Takes about Thirty seconds to do. I also use the colors.

what about when ur water is a diff temp than the tested solution temp? or do you always warm or cool ur sample to the tested solution temp? cause that's when i have my problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.