Don't think this is algae

May 12, 2012
Clarksville, Tn
Pool has been off for three days due to a power outage and I went out and looked at the pool today and it still looks good but on the top of the water were several groups of egg type clusters floating around. Does anyone know what they are and is it safe to turn pool back on?

sasanewpool said:
i think that it is frog larve theres are two frogs huddled over by the skimmer....

clear sacs with black things in them. can i start the filter or do i need to try to net these out.

I'd net them - they float and will likely just float in the skimmer until you go to get them out.

sasanewpool said:
after getting what i thought was most of the eggs out today i see a few tadpoles moving around do i do a shock process to kill them? or is there another way?

Current test results?

My neighbor's frogs are chlorine adapted to a degree but they stop laying eggs as his chlorine goes up. I think this is fairly self limiting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.