Dolphin Triton vs Doheny Discovery-why cleaning time difference in website descripton

May 3, 2013
Ive been looking at the two hearing they are the same but different colors so was curious, on the description for the Dolphin Triton says cleaning cycle in 2 hrs or less but the Doheny Discovery says 2.5 hours? do they both really complete the job at the same time or is the programming more efficient and different with the Dolphin Triton (orange/black) to make it 2 hours?

Thanks!

Howdy,The Dolphin Triton PS will be the exact same as the Discovery model. All the Dolphin cleaners 'map' the pool for the first 30 minutes each time they run. So its initial mapping cycle is 30 minutes, then its cleaning cycle is 2 hours long. During the mapping cycle it is basically creating an algorithm, and it creates a new one on each run. So don't judge its cleaning performance by its first 30 minutes! =)

I believe the 2 hour vs. 2-1/2 hour that is listed is just two different marketing folks listing the same thing, either way its main cleaning cycle is 2 hours long. So they will complete their cleaning cycle at the same time. As far as the programming goes, they both have the same power supply which includes the basic timer. Here is a link to the Maytronics site where you can compare them: Internet models

Hope that helps!

It gets even more confusing when you look further down the Doheny's page and see under features it says "2 hour cleaning cycle" haha.

They both have a 2 hour cycle. The cycle time is built into the motor box, of which all Dolphins with that S/Active series chassis have the same motor box. They are adjustable up to 2.5 hours on the higher end models like the S300i/A30i but that's a matter of programming from the factory with the remote function. No remote, no 2.5 hour cycle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.