Dolphin S50 and pool slopes? Cleaner recommendations

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
Hey all, I have a friend that has an oval above ground pool that has a deep end dug in the center. Picture of his "pool in progress" attached....this hasn't been opened in 2 years prior to my friend buying the house last fall.

You can see from the photo that it is shallow around the exterior of the pool and a deep end dug in. I'd say that the slopes that are dug are in the area of 30-45% slope. Would a dolphin S50 climb these slopes? That is what I have for my round AGP and I love it, I'd like to recommend it to him if it will handle the slopes. If not, does anyone have a recommendation of a robotic cleaner he could get that would be the best bang for the buck?

I would recommend the Echo, Encore, Solo, Doheny's Saturn or Nautilus CC. These units are designed to clean the walls of pools so they can climb vertically. The S50/E10 does not do walls and therefore may struggle with extreme slopes. You won't have any issues regardless of the slope if you go just 1 step above the S50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.