Dolphin s300i question

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
I’m liking my s300i so far. I have ran it 6 hours total so far. Last night I decided to go floor only cause it was dirty but walls r good. Figured save it time wasting on the walls. So I set it to floor only. Confirmed it.

Darn think still was climbing the walls! Wall-e didn’t listen to my directions!?

anyone else notice this? Does it have to learn my pool longer still?

I have an Active 30i which is the same as the S300i and I think you are correct. I think it starts to climb and then it determines its climbing and stops and doesn't go all the way to the top. At least that is what I noticed.

BTW, my Poseidon is only a week old also and might also be learning my pool.

Don’t overestimate the learning ability. It remembers nothing from one run to the next. I think when it figures out it is going up, it reverses course. I’d consider walls to be going up to the tile line.

i deff reverses. but i did catch it making some noise and when i looked over was scrubbing the tile time. i yelled at it and said "bad wall-e down!"

i didn't . . . but it shouldn't be scrubbing at that point and be backing down i would think.

thanks guys i didn't know if what i was experiencing was normal or a problem. i conclude normal from what you all have posted.

thanks!

jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.