Dolphin s300i question

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
I’m liking my s300i so far. I have ran it 6 hours total so far. Last night I decided to go floor only cause it was dirty but walls r good. Figured save it time wasting on the walls. So I set it to floor only. Confirmed it.

Darn think still was climbing the walls! Wall-e didn’t listen to my directions!?

anyone else notice this? Does it have to learn my pool longer still?

MannyT

Jun 15, 2017
Pembroke Pines, Florida
I have an Active 30i which is the same as the S300i and I think you are correct. I think it starts to climb and then it determines its climbing and stops and doesn't go all the way to the top. At least that is what I noticed.

BTW, my Poseidon is only a week old also and might also be learning my pool.

bmoreswim

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Don’t overestimate the learning ability. It remembers nothing from one run to the next. I think when it figures out it is going up, it reverses course. I’d consider walls to be going up to the tile line.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
i deff reverses. but i did catch it making some noise and when i looked over was scrubbing the tile time. i yelled at it and said "bad wall-e down!"

i didn't . . . but it shouldn't be scrubbing at that point and be backing down i would think.

thanks guys i didn't know if what i was experiencing was normal or a problem. i conclude normal from what you all have posted.

thanks!

jim