Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So we have had the dolphin since 2017(I think) and my buddy usually just plops into the deep end & goes on his merry way to clean the whole pool.
The past week he has decided that he is not going to clean the whole pool. I've tried ultra clean, water line only and regular cycles to no avail. The little guy just Does not like going into the shallow end, or the angled walls to the deep end.

Because there is so much pollen, I even scrubbed the walls again yesterday to see if it would help- no. He is not working the way he used to. Any tips? Any way I can reset the robot?

There are parts that wear out on the dolphins over time like tracks, rollers, etc. not sure if one of these things may be causing your trouble but you may need to investigate what is involved in a “refresh” so to speak. Hopefully some other bot vets will be along soon to help you determine the possible causes of the issue.

Have you tried cleaning the filters in a TSP soak? They can get gummed up with oils/etc and they may be impeding the water flow. Do you have the 'spring' filters? Try those as they are not as fine as the pleated ones.

I am sure some others will have some ideas.

Have you tried cleaning the filters in a TSP soak? They can get gummed up with oils/etc and they may be impeding the water flow. Do you have the 'spring' filters? Try those as they are not as fine as the pleated ones.

I am sure some others will have some ideas.
I clean the filters in tsp every fall when putting it away. Never heard of the spring filters... May have to go look for them.
It's just odd that it's only cleaning the deep end, and it will go over the deep end for 2 hours

My pool has a steep transition going from deep to shallow. The bot not only stopped cleaning the shallow end but wouldn't go up the walls. I opened it up and the propeller thingy had a lot of hair in it. I cleaned that out as well as the filters and all is good now. The propeller holds the bot against the bottom/side as it climbs. A reduction in force from the hair kept it slipping back away from the vertical surfaces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.