Dolphin S200 or M600?

T,

I'd buy two S200s and keep one as a spare... :mrgreen:

The answer really depends on you... As an example.. I have two S200s, one in my pool, and one in a rent house pool, and could not be happier.. I original had the Dolphin Premier which has remote control (And costs a lot more) which I used once when it was brand new, just to try it out. For me all the fancy dancy stuff just does not matter, so it would not be worth the price to me.

I put the robot in my pool and in one 2 hour pass it is always clean. My pool is about 25 x 22, so about half the size of yours

I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer here, just want makes the most sense to you.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Tena and mswlogo
I am excited, it should arrive tomorrow. I wonder if I should have waited for the iO line.
What do you guys all think?

The iO line won't be out until next year and who knows when in the year it will be.

The M600 I am told by Maytronics it does have a " scanning algorithm" what ever thst means.

It has done a great job on my pool so far.

Last edited:
The iO line won't be out until next year and who knows when in the year it will be.
The M600 I am told by Maytronics it does have a " scamming algorithm" what ever thst means.
It has done a great job on my pool so far.
" scamming algorithm"? Sure would like to know what in the devil that means. :unsure:
Thanks much for sharing your experiences and please share if you find out what that term means.
r.

Reactions: DjEclipse
"Scanning."
Ah okay, well scanning makes more sense than scamming. :mrgreen:. Thanks!
Yea, I must admit that I have been "lurking" around these robot threads intensely, as it's a Maytronics for me once my Hayward AquaNaut 400 Suction-Side Cleaner assumes the "dying cockroach" position. Unfortunately, It's been a "tank" for the last 7 years and shows no sign yet of "biting the dust". I might have to "help it along" :p
Really appreciate all of your insight and contributions on the topic!
Thanks again.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was hoping to see some demo videos of the Dolphin's in irregular shaped pools. like mine, a semi hour glass shaped thing with no sharp corners except for the stairs. All the vids on the Maytronics website are square pools. Seems like the budget e20 would fit my needs. If I had to control one with my cell phone Ill likely chuck it in the pool

Reactions: Mike Mac
Cleaned my pool as good as I could have in 2 runs over 4 hrs. (I have a big pool). Filter got pretty dirty after first run, had to clean it. It ping pongs around. My pool has rounded bottom so it gets a little confused. For me its easier to sweep the walls and stairs and let it just focus on the floor. At least for now. Mobile app isn't too bad if you are patient but definitely not responsive.

@Thormus
Where did you pruchase the M600?
Is it availible online?

I did not know it was out yet! Been waiting for release....

At $1699 it's a pricey early adoption. The S200 does much the same job at under $700. I've been intrigued by the iO series, due out next year, but I suspect we'll be nearing $2,000 when they finally come out. But, again, it's not like they'll clean "better" than an S200, they'll just do it a little more efficiently.

@Thormus
Where did you pruchase the M600?
Is it availible online?

I did not know it was out yet! Been waiting for release....
Ask for Margret

Reactions: DjEclipse
Cleaned my pool as good as I could have in 2 runs over 4 hrs. (I have a big pool). Filter got pretty dirty after first run, had to clean it. It ping pongs around. My pool has rounded bottom so it gets a little confused. For me its easier to sweep the walls and stairs and let it just focus on the floor. At least for now. Mobile app isn't too bad if you are patient but definitely not responsive.

I have been sending them videos and emails regarding the app issues. They are working on an update to fix the bugs and decrease the amount of time it takes to perform the “test cycle”. This should speed things up.

You can change the cycle time to 2.5 hrs dynamically so every cycle will run for 2.5 hrs instead of 2.

Reactions: MyAZPool
I have been sending them videos and emails regarding the app issues. They are working on an update to fix the bugs and decrease the amount of time it takes to perform the “test cycle”. This should speed things up.

You can change the cycle time to 2.5 hrs dynamically so every cycle will run for 2.5 hrs instead of 2.
I'm going to look how to do that. I need longer cycles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.