Dolphin S200/Active 20/Doheny Discovery vs Aquabot Breeze IQ

KendallB

Sep 25, 2013
Looking for a robotic cleaner for 16x36 in-ground vinyl liner pool with side steps. Want to clean to waterline. Had an Aquabot Turbo Classic that lasted 15+ years and needed only basic maintenance - fairly durable, cleaned well, bag picked up dead algae, but hated cleaning the filter bag. Like the idea of the new top-loading filter baskets. Looking at Aquabot vs Dolphin.

Features desired:
- ability to climb vertical walls to waterline
- won't get stuck on ladders
- not concerned with cleaning speed, but would like excellent coverage and dirt pickup
- would like an easy-to-clean filter (probably the filter basket style?)
- needs to filter down to 2 microns consistently to capture dead algae.
- ideally don't want bluetooth or phone app control - just paying extra for technology that I don't need ot will eventually break.
- swivel cable would be good to avoid tangling, but not a deal-breaker
- needs to be durable and easy-to-repair & maintain

Looking at the following models:
- *Dolphin S200 / Active 20 / Doheny Discovery
- Dolphin S300 / Active 30
- Dolphin Oasis Z5
- Dolphin Triton (2017) w/Powerstream
- *Aquabot Breeze IQ
- Aquabot Classic Platinum
- Aquabot Elite (2017)

Leaning toward the Active 20, Active 30, or Breeze IQ. Really like the idea of the dual-media filter baskets on the Dolphin Active models. The new Aquabot Elite looks like a nice unit, but seems like there are a number of complaints on Amazon (Aquabot says initial problems with the Elite are now fixed). Seems like you get a lot more for your money with the ACTIVE 20, and BREEZE IQ, without a lot of unnecessary technology that costs extra $$. I think I have narrowed down my choices to those 2 models. Has anyone evaluated both side-by-side? Any opinions you can share?

Any suggestions/feedback you can provide would be highly apppreciated.

KendallB

Sep 25, 2013
Yes, read through most of the 33 pages already - great thread. Interested to know if anyone has compared it to the Aquabot Breeze IQ or had any experience with the Breeze IQ.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
T Pool Cleaners 6
steveinaz Pool Cleaners 3
M Pool Cleaners 11

Other Threads of Interest