Silver Supporter
Apr 12, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My Dolphin Active 30i stopped turning side to side today. It is actually automatically turning itself off after about a minute of starting now as well. If I put it in manual drive I can move forward and back fine. However, trying to turn it just pops a wheely and sets back down without actually turning. I assume this means the tracks actually don't do the turning and it uses water being pushed through the unit to turn. I took the top part off which exposed a fan that did have some hair tangled around it. I clean that all up but it didn't help.

The app does show a exclamation at times that says "servo underload".

Anyone have any ideas/videos of things to try? Sunplay.com says my model is the same as all of these:

Doheny's Mercury = Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Triton Plus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 930 = Dolphin Proteus DX5i

If the robot stops after about one minute, it is failing its self-tests. About the only thing that you can do is ensure the suction impeller is working.. Make sure it is not clogged with leaves, or has something like hair wrapped around it.

I have never seen it on my S200's, but my older robots used to throw a track off to the side once in a while.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.