Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Looking at a Dolphin E10 for my 18x40.

That said the E10 is listed as being used for pools "Up to 32' and Smaller Pools".
If I place it 1/2 way along the side, is this going to work?

TIA

I think the cord may be too short. The Amazon review questions discuss this. Another factor is that although there is a swivel on the cord, it may not work 100%. And from our Dolphin (which doesn't have a swivel), when the cord gets twists in it, it reduces the length of travel.

Also as a note, it doesn't have the fine filtration option.

Last edited:
I think the cord may be too short. The Amazon review questions discuss this. Another factor is that although there is a swivel on the cord, it may not work 100%. And from our Dolphin (which doesn't have a swivel), when the cord gets twists in it, it reduces the length of travel.

Also as a note, it doesn't have the fine filtration option.

That sounds weird to me. I had a pool rover jr that had a 40ft cord. If putting it 1/2 way on the 40ft side, which would be 20ft, then a 32 ft cord would be long enough to go both ways.
I could see how putting it on the end of the pool would cause the cord to be short and not reach the opposite end of the pool.

I'll do a bit more research.

Update.
I did contact Maytronics through Facebook. They verified that if I placed the robot 1/2 way down the side of my pool, winch would be 20ft left and right for the robot to work, it would work.

So, I did buy a Dolphin E10. Love it and it works great, except for an issue that others have also expressed. The filter screen isn't fine enough. There are extra fine screen replacements available, but I was wondering if anyone has done some DIY additions to the stock screens. In the past, and I still do today, is take the wife's old panty hose or stockings, Cut them and put them on the skimmer basket to keep smaller debris out of the filter system.

If I make 4 and slide them over the screens that would help more right? I was even thinking of using tight weave dress socks and slide them over the removable screens to at least help if not do all of them. It would be much cheaper and easier as the socks would be removable if needed.
Not to mention the fine screens are $60+/-.

Any comments or ideas?

The fine screens are the equivalent of a small cartridge filter in quality. Not cheap but a quality addition.

Reactions: cmiller73

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm looking at it now.
Would be smart to buy the whole basket as to not have to worry about changing the screens out.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.