Dolphin Active30 not picking up dirty very well

ryoung81

Aug 9, 2020
McAllen, TX
I got a new Dolphin Active30 a few weeks ago from Marina. I've had construction going on in the backyard, so I'm ending up with dirt in the pool. I'm not talking about mounds of dirt, more of light dusting of dirt in the bottom of the pool in a light layer.

I've had the robot out of the pool since I've had people working - and so last night I put it back in the pool and ran it. It's not picking up dirt very well, like it will run over areas and not even move the dirt. I can tell it's cleaning - as I can see clean "lines" where it has moved. But it's not working as well as it did on the earlier runs.

I've checked:
  • to make sure the filter is clean and in place correctly.
  • that there is nothing stuck in the opening on the bottom
  • that the black "flap" is in place
  • it moves fine and nothing appears to be jammed
  • I'm using the "fine" filter - but it's not even blowing dirt out of the top - it's just not moving the dirt
Am I missing anything? Anything else I can check?

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I went and brushed it myself to see if that would help. It didn't really appear to be "stuck" to the bottom though. I even drove the robot over those areas and it basically didn't pick up anything. It has plenty of water flow - I dunno, I just didn't expect it to have problems with sand/dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.