Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My Doheny Discovery/S200 is busted. The motor is pumping water but the treads aren’t moving. Does anyone know enough about the internals of these to know the likely problem and whether a DIY fix is likely successful?

How old is it? If two years or less, I would get the warranty started. Could be some string or balls of hair restricting the movement of the tracks.

This online video does a good job of guiding you through the basic teardown of the Active model cleaners. Also, if it is a dead motor unit, you might consider replacement, because it isn't cheap.

Thanks. Its approaching 3 years old. Is standard warranty 2 years? I don’t even know. Seems simple enough to crack open and investigate. Is there a good parts supplier online? Maytronics website seems designed to be unhelpful for this type of thing.

Most parts can be purchased online... from Marinas Pool and Patio. When looking for parts, make sure to search across the platform, meaning , Active 20, Active 30, Active 30i, S200, S300, S300i, Prowler, Warrior SE, Doheny Discovery, Quantum, ETC. The S200 is sold under 15 to 20 different names, but all the parts are interchangeable. Also, Warranty is done at 2 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.