LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We have a very large Golden Retriever (100 lbs) who is going on 6 years old.
Year 1 of using he pool he loved it. Year 2, he was a bit hesitant at times. This year, he’ll gladly enter using our wedding cake steps, but doesn’t want to go any further.
We hope to build a platform/tanning ledge of PVC and garage trim later this year we believe he’ll enjoy, but are thinking a life jacket might be in order.
Looking for your positive and negative reviews of life jackets for large dogs.

I have one that i used for my previous boxer who loved the water but swam like a brick lol ? it worked pretty well - the most important part was the handles- its hard to get a dog back in the boat without them. It just helped her to be at a comfy level while swimming kinda like floaties for kids. Not sure it would have totally supported her if she wasn’t swimming. I think i got it @ cabela’s . Our new pup hasn’t been introduced to the water yet but we’re looking forward to it ?

I have one that i used for my previous boxer who loved the water but swam like a brick lol ? it worked pretty well - the most important part was the handles- its hard to get a dog back in the boat without them. It just helped her to be at a comfy level while swimming kinda like floaties for kids. Not sure it would have totally supported her if she wasn’t swimming. I think i got it @ cabela’s . Our new pup hasn’t been introduced to the water yet but we’re looking forward to it ?

I don’t THINK Darby needs full support. Just, as you said, something to make him more comfortable. Headed to Cabelas website now to check them out. Tks!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.