Dog Days of Winter

Beez said:
simicrintz said:
Johnsonville??! I might be able to make it by dark if I drive REALLY fast :cool:
Is there any other? Grilled outside by the pool of course! :-D

BTW, watch out for the state troopers along those desolate stretches...they are known to appear out of knowhere...

All of my non-immediate family is in Wisconsin, so I know of no other brat than Johnsonville! I was so happy when we were finally able to get them here!

Hmmm, may just have to fire up the grill now and fry a few up (I always have them on hand in the 'fridge). Now, do I get a Sam Adams out of the cooler or a Guiness :cheers:

dmanb2b said:
Beez said:
dmanb2b said:
Frosty sure...peaceful and serene...sure I guess...no one but the deer are out there :-D
So you hear no beckoning voice inviting you to come hither and find peace from the feathery soft icy vault?

Nope...but that spa at Bruce's place sure looks inviting :mrgreen:

Probably would be nice if I could get the *&^$ heater fixed!!! Still haven't completely figured that out (maybe if I spent less time on the computer I could get that taken care of :oops: ).

PoolGuyNJ said:
I may have to fly out to Bruce's patch and toss a bottle of Baquacrap over the fence. :rant: :rant:

Scott

I ain't skeered, Scott; I know a website I can go to that will help me clear it! I'll buy you a beer (or three) when you get here though :cheers:

Wow, at least you guys can see a hint of the straps on your cover. We're up to 41 degrees here yesterday and today, so we melted maybe 4-5 inches. But this week we're forcast another 6-12, so we aren't making much headway with the melting. And the lows this week are near zero again :(
We havent seen this much snow like this since 1996.

Ouch. Yeah, it's been a pretty mild winter for us this year. I'm not complaining...but even if it were just a dusting it's still snow and that means no pool. :cry: What were my ancestors thinking, settling in Michigan? Dagnabbit!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
woe is me... :sad:

[attachment=1:wks9dyay]snowy pool.jpg[/attachment:wks9dyay][attachment=0:wks9dyay]diving board.jpg[/attachment:wks9dyay]

Attachments

• snowy pool.jpg
    snowy pool.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 31
  • diving board.jpg
    diving board.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 31
01.jpg

1orime.gif

I don't care for earthquakes much either, but I can say that in my 51 ( :shock: ) years here I've yet to have experienced a "bad" one (I did go clean up the Northridge quake and went through more aftershocks than I wanted, but it still wasn't too bad). Most are pretty small, and don't do any damage.

I just don't know how you folks handle that cold! It was down in the 60's today and I was not a happy camper :evil:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.