Does your iChlor Power Center "hum"?

Skenn81

Apr 23, 2018
Florida
For anyone reading this who has an iChlor themselves and a Power Center mounted on the wall, does the transformer in yours make noise? I'm referring to transformer hum. That low pitched hum that transformers make when they have power going through them, nothing you can really hear unless you put your head right up against it or on the wall it's mounted to. I happened to put my head against the wall and could hear it, opened it up to take a look and it was indeed the transformer that is on the top part of the unit.

This thing:

mJzaFn1.jpg

It's not making anything that seems abnormal for an electrical transformer, I have just never had one of these before so wanted to see what everyone else has to say about it.

Well that's what I was hoping and expecting to hear, especially since transformers of all shapes and sizes usually make noise. Anyone else reading this have the same experience as us?

I never would have noticed but the unit is mounted right outside the wall of our bathroom. Being that we are in Florida it's a cinderblock house so the vibrations carry right through the wall. I thought I was going crazy when I heard noise in there. Went around looking for something running and it ended up being the transformer. It can only be noticed in one spot and only if you turn your head the right way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.