Does this bowing worry you?

jcrew6311

Apr 11, 2020
Arizona
So somehow the side posts for our pool started digging in below the surface level of the artificial turf and is lodged up against the pavers, but dug down below the turf. I'm just so concerned as to if this would cause the pool to collapse over time. Might be kind of hard to see the posts sinking in between the turf and the pavers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_160017.jpg
    IMG_20200720_160017.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20200720_160005.jpg
    IMG_20200720_160005.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20200720_155915.jpg
    IMG_20200720_155915.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20200720_155912.jpg
    IMG_20200720_155912.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 90
Doesn't look that bad to me. What is under the legs?
I just measured one side of the water depth to the other, and it's off exactly 1 inch. Under those side legs, well now it appears to be the dirt that is under the artificial turf and it is wedged up between the turf and the pavers. The pavers are really locked in there, so I don't believe it's going anywhere. The pool has been up since March, it creaks from time to time, but has held up fine. However the dropping of those side bars happened just recently as some water overflowed and I guess started separating the turf from the pavers. It definitely made it less even on that side, I'm just not sure how bad. I really want this pool to last at least like 2-3 more years but don't know if this will have an impact on that.

I just measured one side of the water depth to the other, and it's off exactly 1 inch. Under those side legs, well now it appears to be the dirt that is under the artificial turf and it is wedged up between the turf and the pavers. The pavers are really locked in there, so I don't believe it's going anywhere. The pool has been up since March, it creaks from time to time, but has held up fine. However the dropping of those side bars happened just recently as some water overflowed and I guess started separating the turf from the pavers. It definitely made it less even on that side, I'm just not sure how bad. I really want this pool to last at least like 2-3 more years but don't know if this will have an impact on that.
In that case I would take a measurement from the top rail to the wall and keep a close eye on it, if it looks like it's moving then measure again and see how far. When you close for the the season, drain and set it back up with proper support for the legs.

You don't have pavers or wood under the legs?

Nancy 🌺
No because from one side to the other was only 1 inch off and when I initially installed it the turf was flat and even from one side to the other. It wasn't until recently that the turf began separating from the side of the pavers and opened up to underneath where the side legs are resting into. There's room on the opposite side so I guess to be safe I could drain in late October, slide over with the help of a few people, and possibly ensure that 1 inch is a bit more level and that the legs have nothing to sink into.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.