Does anyone know what this discoloration is at the bottom of my fibreglass pool?

Nov 25, 2018
Australia
I noticed this start appearing last swim season but now has spread to a lot more places in the deep end of the pool (and a patch or two at the shallow end). The walls are also getting a subtle white 'haze' to them which there seems to be a lot of threads about but no real answers. This one has me stumped though. I thought it was the pool cleaner scrubbing the one spot too much initially but now I'm not sure :-S

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?
stain1.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :wave: If you are referring to a chalky haze, it is a frustrating issue for some - myself included. Here is my experience: Fiberglass Discoloration (Faded Chalky) - My Story. The theories and potential remedies vary, with no real explanation as to the real cause. Unless you have day1-recorded water results, I have no doubt if you contact the manufacture they will place the fault on owner testing and water imbalance. That's how just about every contract is written. Whether the issue is related to water chemistry or a defect in the gelcoat, we'll almost never know.

What you can do here though is update your signature with all the pool and equipment info you have available, to include when the pool was installed. Tell us how you chlorinate, and post a full set of water test results for us. Most in your area use Clear Choice Labs for the proper test kit. I suspect some other Aussies will chime in soon to welcome you. G'Day! :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.