Does anybody connect their pool equipment to outlets directly on house?

1.5" or 2". Whatever makes it easiest for you. It does not make a difference.

An AG pool is not considered a permanent structure/pool, so that might make a difference.
Since you've spoken with the inspector, ask him what he wants to see. If you can put the heater and electrical next to the house.
Directions we originally followed showed equipment next to the pool had to be 4 ft away to avoid climbing hazard for kids trying to get in the pool.
We moved our equipment 20 ft away from the pool to hide it and the pipes are buried.

Max water depth of 42” & above are permanent unless It has non metallic walls per IRC 2015

8033945D-F495-4684-ABD1-F1A65C2C1A6B.jpeg2F0EB270-66F0-4803-BAA1-50F6036863D2.jpeg

Thanks very much guys like always.

Regarding the heater (Hayward H100ID1), do you know if I can extend the vent/flue vertically? It looks like it can be detached so maybe an adapter can be added to vent several feet above the window?

Max water depth of 42” & above are permanent unless It has non metallic walls per IRC 2015
When we installed our pool in 2007 it was not an issue. Our 3 ft high patio stone deck was also considered a non permanent structure.

Thanks for clarifying/flocking that. :laughblue: Sorry, pool joke.
(my son didn't think it was funny. he's not a "pool boy".)

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thanks very much guys like always.

Regarding the heater (Hayward H100ID1), do you know if I can extend the vent/flue vertically? It looks like it can be detached so maybe an adapter can be added to vent several feet above the window?

Hayward sells an adapter to put a chimney on it. That is what is used for indoor applications.

I looked on their website and it seems like it's for different models other than the H100ID1?

Yeah, I have not looked at their AGP heaters before. They have limited options.

Note that heater has a blower fan and will likely be noisy wherever it is placed.

OK - Thanks again.

Another question... what kind of screw do I need to attach the bonding lugs to the pool?

The posts of the pool already have a screw in them. Maybe I can unscrew this one and re-use it through the cooper bonding lug?

OK - Thanks again.

Another question... what kind of screw do I need to attach the bonding lugs to the pool?

The posts of the pool already have a screw in them. Maybe I can unscrew this one and re-use it through the cooper bonding lug?
Are the uprights metal & the foot resin? If so the lug must attach metal on metal- no plastic in between.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.