DOA this year.

Super B

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
So quick short run down of the history. We have a little Intex 14x42, it's been a great pool for years. Last year about this time we had take it down due to moving. Fast forward to now (move, major hurricane, probable crappy storage method, and life) I finally got it up at the new house on level ground. Pretty sure it didn't survive all that. Amazingly enough I was able to find all the parts to put it up and running. Now I'm watching it slowly drain itself. At first I could see three areas around the pool bottom with water. Now only one. I've tried everything I know to do to find the leaks and have come up with nada. If I had to guess I'd say it was the bottom seam but still not 100%. Just wondering if I should just scrap it all together and just pick a new pool or keep at it?

It's losing around an 1" a day.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
That's a hard decision. Given the age and the amount of use you've gotten out of it, I'd be inclined to just retire it and replace it with a new one.

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
Buy a new one. A new liner will likely cost the same and take weeks to ship, whereas a whole new pool is probably waiting at the nearest Wallyworld. Sell the uprights and rails (assuming they aren't rusted all to heck) to defray some expense.

Super B

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
Yeah that’s what we’re going to do I think. Just tested our well water and has good numbers. Originally filled with city water so I guess that was a pricy lesson on fill a little and check leaks. Only thing is that Wally World doesn’t have an intex on hand only summer waves. Looks about the same and I should be able to mount our skimmer in place of the on it comes with.

Super B

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
Not saying they're not, just that if the OP wants an Intex they're available on line. I just checked :wave:
Yeah it was more about time line. Almost drained down. Going to get in and do a real good visual check one last time before I can it. Really just want/need it to last this season. Going larger next season after new fence configuration is done.

Super B

Aug 5, 2016
Wilmington/NC
Believe it or not I found the hole once I drained it down. Patches up and refilled. Came out to low water again so really started hunting. Found a few more. Patches up for now. Fingers crossed I can keep it together for the season.