Do you have to use a Jbox on 12Volt LED


Active member
Do I have to use a Jbox when hooking up my 12 volt light or can I run it to the transform direct? I actually would like to use a weather prove 1 Gang empty box with cover. Height, and distance all meet my local code, just not sure if that Jbox is required or not.


Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Yes, you should use a J-box to have an air break between the conduit from the pool and the transformer. Otherwise you can have water from the pool backing up in the conduit into your gang box.