Do it right once recommendation 32x16 above ground pool cover!

tyburke

Jun 27, 2020
Iowa
Thanks in advance! I'd enjoy hearing your thoughts on purchasing a cover for a 32x16 pool. I will take the pool down in the winter due to Iowa weather but am looking for two things:
1) Easy to take off and put on and not having it laying in the yard. (Roller would be ideal)
2) Warm the water (solar)

With that said I'm likely looking at a roller with a solar cover but would love suggestions.

THANKS!

If this is the intex 32x16 pool, I have one as well and I use the intex solar cover reel:

Intex 28051 Roller for Solar Cover Amazon.com : Intex 28051 Roller for Solar Cover : Garden & Outdoor

Note that that price seems high (I think I paid about $70 for mine) but intex stuff in general seems to be in short supply right now and the prices have been going up.

It worked well for me all spring, but I recently moved mine to my garage because the water is warm enough without the cover this time of year. I’ll bring it back out again in the fall.

I like that it easily clips right on the sides of the pool.

It doesn’t come with a solar cover, so you will have to get your own. The one I got is 8mil and I wouldn’t suggest getting anything thicker than that. By the time you reel up 32 feet of cover the roll starts getting pretty thick and heavy. In a few years when I have to replace this one I’ll probably go with an even lighter 6mil cover.

Also, note that intex calls the pool 32x16, but the surface area of the water is less than that. I got a cover that was 32x16 and then I just trimmed it with scissors to fit. It’s easy to trim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.