May 19, 2020
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Is there any reason that I need to keep these cleanouts that are on each side of the valves? I’m not even sure if that is the correct name for them. One broke this afternoon when I switched the filter to backwash it and I’m trying to figure out if I need to add another one or just replace that section with an elbow.
EECAD284-B954-45E3-BBDC-79D25F319F9D.jpeg

I've never seen those used, leading me to believe they're completely unnecessary but still curious to see what responses you get as maybe there is some value there.

I've also never seen a flex line from the pump to the filter for that matter.

I've never seen those used, leading me to believe they're completely unnecessary but still curious to see what responses you get as maybe there is some value there.

I've also never seen a flex line from the pump to the filter for that matter.
I don’t think they are supposed to be used for systems under pressure, so I guess that would explain why it snapped on me.

They also used flex line for the runs to and from the pool from what I can tell, and that makes me anxious. I’ll be replacing that line from the filter to the pump with rigid PVC because it leaks a bit when the pump is priming.

I do have some flex PVC used underground for mine, one for a return I had re-routed and one for the main drain. I don't like the idea but the pressures we're dealing with are FAR below what they can handle so I try to not lose sleep over it. But yeah, from pump to filter it's such an easy run, why not use rigid?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.