Do I have an issue here?

Neemer

Gold Supporter
Oct 10, 2017
Fredericksburg, VA
I opened last Thurs and am in the midst of a SLAM. My FC level is currently 20. Salt level is 3100.

I have been running the SWCG and have noticed something that I don’t think is right. With the output knob set at 100%, shouldn’t it be generating all the time? When I first turn it on, it does what I expect it to do, but checking back later, I discover that although the “generating” LED is lit, the readout is zero on instant salt, amps, and volts. Yet, when I flip the switch to “super chlorinate”, everything appears to be in working order.

Is this normal and I just never noticed before?

I think what your explaining is called cycle time. It doesn't work 24 hours but it's on and off in that time frame. There's a certain amount it's on and then a given cycle of off for certain amount too. What you see is normal I think.

Reactions: Neemer
I did turn it off as it didn’t seem to be making much of a difference in helping to conserve LC during this SLAM.

Diagnostics:
Temp: 59
Voltage: 30
Current: 2.39
Output: 100
Instant salinity: -3200

Aside from interfering with getting a good OCLT, does running the SWCG during SLAM present a problem for the process? Or the equipment for that matter?

Normally, the output percentage is accurate. However, output is scaled back to 20% at 60° F and output stops at 50° F.

So, even though you have it set to 100%, it's only producing at 20%.

Once the temperature is above 60 degrees, the percentage will work correctly.

Just turn it off for the SLAM and wait until the water temperature is above 60 degrees.

Reactions: Neemer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.