Do I have a leak?

lucky lyn

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2014
Pensacola, Florida
Moved from here.
Hi fellow pool intuitive.........Change is not always a simple thing and so I have deep thanks to this community. Our transition to SWG has been a bit on the rocky side. Tracking my numbers, using great kits helps lot. They can not compensate for a possible leak. Finally hit perfect balance and then in less than two days, everything fell out of nirvana. CYA dropped along with the rest of my chemicals. Think I may have a leak. How do I nail this down? lynn

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Lynn, The water will stop going down and the leak is at or just above the water line... prey that it is an easy place to patch it and not in a pipe or the bottom of the pool...

lucky lyn

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 15, 2014
Pensacola, Florida
Hi all. Apologies on inserting on another's thread line. Worked out our issue systematically.....first and most important in the diagnostic was noticing the disappearance of chemicals after I had reached nirvana with balance. Second, I turned off the auto fill on the pool and watched the level. After that, we watched how the leak progressed when system on and when system was off. Turned out that the spill spa light, fixed 2 years ago, was leaking badly and another light in the pool was also leaking. 12 minor leaks were found in the pool liner. All have been patched. I am leaving the auto fill off because I want to know when I need to add water and why. Automation is not always something that works in one's favor. My chemicals are now re-balanced and happy again. If we had not added a salt cell, chances are I would not have noticed the leaks. Wow. Thanks all, lynn

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Linn, That is great you found them.. It is hard to do...

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.