Do I have a leak

Jacksonfampool

Feb 25, 2021
Pasadena TX
Brand new pool owner to not-so-new pool....
Last week we went through the freeze down here in Houston, and we did everything we could to prevent any damage. We only moved in 2 weeks prior to this storm, though, and we barely had time to KNOW the pool.
During the storm we lost power for about 24 hours, and it was below freezing temps. All of our plumbing was covered (not the pumps). And prior to the outage we ran the pumps 24/7.
After the storm we accessed the damages, and we didn't see anything immediately. However, we have started seeing a couple of drops, so we figured there may be a some leaks. Yesterday there was a soaking pad and thw entirw system was soaked. It appeared to be condensation, but is that normal??
I never saw that on our old pool (years ago), or prior to the storm. Or, do we have a leak.. or another issue all together??

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Take some pics of the problem area so we can get a better idea of what’s going on.
You can also perform the bucket test to see if you have an actual leak. (Search bucket test in the search box)

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
J,

Use the icon just to the left of the little camera.. Double clock it and it will allow you to browse your computer for the pic you want.

I also had condensation at the pad the other day. I doubt you have a leak. If you do it should be very obvious when you turn the pump on..

If the leak is not obvious, you want to fix it of course, but there is no problem running your pool until you do.

Thanks,

Jim R.