DIY Vinyl IGP in 7 days?

cstriplin

Aug 28, 2019
indianapolis,in
Would it be ridiculous to assume that my husband I could get a 16x36 installed in 7 days weather permitting? The excavator said it could be dug in one day. We may have a few laborers that we will use. We have taken vacation the second week of October and intend to do only that. We are in Indiana and really need to have it wrapped up before our weather turns bad. What are your thoughts? (We are going with steel panel/vinyl lined). Thanks

Maybe, it depends on how much help you get, and if it rains. I would think that it might be possible to get the walls up, liner hung, and water in the pool in a week. And then over the course of the next few weeks work on electric, plumbing, pass those inspections, then backfill and do your decking.

That's alot to ask for a first DIY build. As Sball said you may be able to get it dug and built and the floor done. You could install your wall fittings and hand the liner and get it up to the lights. Having labor helps but having 1 person who knows how to build a pool w experience is worth 3 laborers. And the concrete collar takes a full day to pour and then dry overnight

More like 4 times as long when it comes to a pool DIY. Regardless you want to compact and let your ground settle before doing any decking. Like pool medic said a small crew with heavy equipment and the right tools can bang one out in a week. That's also a big pool which makes much more work especially the floor and collar. Site accessibility plays a huge part as well

Reactions: allinspector
Would it be ridiculous to assume that my husband I could get a 16x36 installed in 7 days weather permitting? The excavator said it could be dug in one day. We may have a few laborers that we will use. We have taken vacation the second week of October and intend to do only that. We are in Indiana and really need to have it wrapped up before our weather turns bad. What are your thoughts? (We are going with steel panel/vinyl lined). Thanks
My husband and I are contemplating a DIY next spring. Curious if you built your pool and how it went.

Most of mine finish sooner, but I never promise a completion date. 4 weeks is an estimate that I can under promise and over deliver. Also, homeowners sometimes don't understand that weather delays can last days...can't get into the pit for gravel, its been sunny but it is still to wet to get equipment in the yard without doing heavy damage, etc.

Last pool I waited on Mr. Homeowner to pull his own electrical, because he wanted to save that money. He then asked why I wasn't finished?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.