DIY spray deck possible?

chrisk500

Apr 4, 2012
We are looking at ideas for concrete coatings and color on our soon to be pool deck. I can not afford to get kool deck or spray deck done by a company but the more I look at the process for applying spray deck the more I wonder why it could cost so much. Looks pretty simple. Just spray on and then trowel down like doing wall texture. Specifically I am looking at the SGM one step spray deck. There are some youtube videos and also an online tutorial. Anyone done this on their own before? Anyone know where I can buy some online?

Thanks.

Chris

DBfan187

In The Industry
Aug 7, 2007
near the swamp
from quikrete
Heavy Duty Masonry Coating (#1300) used with Acrylic Fortifier (#8610) – mixed according to package instructions.

Sincerely, Mary Ann Megahee
The Quikrete® Companies
you may have to water it down in order to spray it, then go over it with a trowel to knock it down.

then 24-48hrs later roll on your choice of color sealant in 2 coats, 24hrs apart

swimcmp

In The Industry
Nov 8, 2011
Moberly,MO
You can do this diy but make sure you have extra help. It isn't so much as labor intensive but it gets tiresome holding the hopper gun and spraying.

chrisk500

Apr 4, 2012
Anyone know where I can buy some SGM spray deck? The site has a listing for a distribution center about 100 miles from me but it doesn't look like somewhere that sells to consumers.

rkwan1

Oct 28, 2007
Missouri City
chrisk500 said:
We are looking at ideas for concrete coatings and color on our soon to be pool deck. I can not afford to get kool deck or spray deck done by a company but the more I look at the process for applying spray deck the more I wonder why it could cost so much. Looks pretty simple. Just spray on and then trowel down like doing wall texture. Specifically I am looking at the SGM one step spray deck. There are some youtube videos and also an online tutorial. Anyone done this on their own before? Anyone know where I can buy some online?

Thanks.

Chris

Chris, how did your SGM One Step Spray Deck turn out? We are thinking of doing the same thing?

Reactions: Trk3263
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.