DIY Exposed Pipe Outdoor Shower Plans?

Here is my cheap temporary shower, Not the prettiest but ended up working well so I don’t really feel like redoing anything. It is hooked up to a hose, runs through a propane heater which gives just enough heat to enjoy a warm shower. All snapped together using shark bites so I can easily take down or reconfigure when the time comes.
C55CF852-11A8-4794-9BDF-090230EB1354.jpeg

Attachments

• 594CB5A1-0A2F-4F53-9D74-55FE97471B92.jpeg
    594CB5A1-0A2F-4F53-9D74-55FE97471B92.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 9
I was eyeing that water heater too. Glad to hear it has held up for a few seasons. Do you leave it out permanently?

We had the wooden shower shown, but in Florida the wood rotted out in less then 2 years. I took the parts and used PVC fence post to attach ours to the wall.

Attachments

• 20200618_113331.jpg
    20200618_113331.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: mariane
I was eyeing that water heater too. Glad to hear it has held up for a few seasons. Do you leave it out permanently?
being In Virginia, I store it in the garage over the winter, otherwise outside under a bit of a overhang. Feel like I can get another year out of it, at least. Also makes me think how much more I could enjoy camping.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
In my best Tom Hanks from Castaway voice "LOOK WHAT I HAVE CREATED!!".

Thanks to YouTube and the Home Depot guy with the patience of a saint in both of my trips to Home Depot helping me figure out the fittings, I now I haven outdoor shower from copper pipe, complete with a foot wash. I may never shower inside again all summer!

IMG_6837.jpgIMG_6836.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's perfect.... 👍..
Nice work sticking to the K.I.S.S. Methodology.. Now you can put that $300.00 into the beer slush fund..

I noticed you even borrowed Rob's Level to give it that true country look... 🤣

In my best Tom Hanks from Castaway voice "LOOK WHAT I HAVE CREATED!!".

Thanks to YouTube and the Home Depot guy with the patience of a saint in both of my trips to Home Depot helping me figure out the fittings, I now I haven outdoor shower from copper pipe, complete with a foot wash. I may never shower inside again all summer!

View attachment 149794View attachment 149795
Oooooh, solder. I would have used plex with shark bites myself because my soldering skillz are weak at best.

Oooooh, solder. I would have used plex with shark bites myself because my soldering skillz are weak at best.
Yes, that would have been much easier, and I have a burn on my foot (yes, I soldered in flip flops) to show for my weak soldering skills.

When I was going over the plans I was going to do pvc that was painted black and go the "oh, its not going to be metal" from the wife. So I landed on copper :)

It really wasnt that bad, plus I learned a new skill and got to buy a blow torch.

Reactions: RMcGirr83
When I was going over the plans I was going to do pvc that was painted black and go the "oh, its not going to be metal" from the wife. So I landed on copper :)
It really wasnt that bad, plus I learned a new skill and got to buy a blow torch.

Always great to learn a new skill. And always a good move to keep the peace in your own home.

But for future viewers, there are newly built homes across the country that no longer use copper. They either use PEX, or CPVC, and they are fine tested materials.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.