DIY 20' x 40' In-Ground Build - In Progress!

jastudee

Feb 20, 2022
Wisconsin
That is a tough break...who did you get your pool kit from? I used pool warehouse for my pool kit and they were very easy to deal with on a few missing parts from my shipment.

The liner was the absolute last thing I did...so while waiting on a replacement you can continue on along with the rest of the plumbing/electrical/bonding/backfill/decking.
Got the pool kit from Pool Warehouse as well. Initial response on their end was great, very quick to request pictures and jump on it. Very happy with the initial response, hopefully it's smooth with the actual supplier of the liner.

You are spot on, after the initial disappointment, I quickly realized that there is no shortage of work still to do lol! Working on exactly what you listed right now, got an aggressive timeline with the deck being planned on going in 6/3 and 6/4.

duckcmmndr

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2014
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Got the pool kit from Pool Warehouse as well. Initial response on their end was great, very quick to request pictures and jump on it. Very happy with the initial response, hopefully it's smooth with the actual supplier of the liner.

You are spot on, after the initial disappointment, I quickly realized that there is no shortage of work still to do lol! Working on exactly what you listed right now, got an aggressive timeline with the deck being planned on going in 6/3 and 6/4.
Pool Warehouse should take care of you. Hopefully they can rush it through.

You still have plenty to keep you busy.

Reactions: Newdude

jastudee

Feb 20, 2022
Wisconsin
It’s been a whirlwind of a few weeks! A few updates:

-Pool Warehouse was awesome - replaced the liner very quickly, got it in and it was correct.

-liner in, currently vacuuming and filling
-finished excavating the patio area
-finished plumbing and pressure tested ok
-roughed in equipment pad, will remove and place on concrete once poured
-finished electrical with the exception of the connection to the house
-roughed in gravel for concrete install

*inspection tomorrow
*concrete forms going in tomorrow
*concrete going on Saturday.

Almost there!4148047C-C6B3-4D59-899F-CBBC73D6844F.jpeg1C882B7B-2F1E-4945-A6D9-702E661A374D.jpeg93BD5815-29D2-4030-97D5-CC2EABC04C62.jpeg93CE61F6-01AE-4857-B384-8C12B09511BD.jpeg

duckcmmndr

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2014
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm glad pool warehouse got you fixed so quickly. Someone has been busy, it's a lot of work to get to this point.

jastudee

Feb 20, 2022
Wisconsin
More progress - got the deck around the pool laid. Made a mess of what we had filled, so cleaning and pumping that out to start fresh. Overall happy with the outcome but a little disappointed in the coping. Very rough with many pockets. Tempted to have them epoxy patch it and paint just the coping overhang. Really don’t want to tear anything out!ED97CDA1-C60B-49C3-8173-EA344C4D633C.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude