Diving Board Crack

IkeRay

May 20, 2007
Houston, Tx
my diving board has a small crack in it. its not so much a crack-crack, but the fiberglass has a fold mark in it, ill post pics so you can see what i mean. anyways, is it repairable or do i have to replace the entire board? ive bounced on it, and the crack hasnt seemed to spread, i felt if a 200 lb guy could jump on it and nothing happen then in case a 30-50 lb kid jumped on it, it wont break on them.

all your parts

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
i would say that its time to replace the board
i am always afraid that a board will break(although i have never seen it happen)
do you take it in for the winter and is there a fulcrum under it?

IkeRay

May 20, 2007
Houston, Tx
nope, have never moved it, and its never really been used to dive in, just got the pool to blue up. yes that is a fulcrum under it, it is about 8-10" off the ground, maybe even a foot.

poolbee

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
WNY
I just got the bad news my board has some hairline cracks in it. The pool guy pointed them out to me. I would never have seen them. They just look like scratches. He won't put the board on that way but I am welcome to do it myself. He doesn't want the liability. So I'll be getting a new board. I wouldn't use yours if I were you.

stever

LifeTime Supporter
I think the strength is mostly in the wood core -- but with a crack, who knows what condition the core is in.... if a little water gets in there, it'll rot out quickly.

You should be able to replace the board and keep the mount...

Steve