Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey everyone so today I went to Leslie's Pool Supplies to have them run my water sample and compare their results to what I'm getting. Here are their results:

FC 0.26
TC 3.98
pH 7.2
TA 84
CH 307
CYA 24
Iron 0
Copper 0.1
Phosphates 0
Salt 1220

I was surprised with their FC result because I just added some liquid chlorine this week about 58 oz to be exact. I immediately did my test with my TF 100 kit and these are my results:

FC 6
CC 0.5
TC 6.5
pH 8
CYA <30

I also did the OTO test kit and it looks my Cl levels are in the 3-6 ppm range. I've included a picture for reference.

My pool appears otherwise crystal clear. I'm thinking about going to a different Leslie's store tomorrow and having them run another water sample. I'm going to with the results that I'm getting but I also wanted to get the TFP community's take on this discrepancy. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• PXL_20230204_022528394.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230204_022528394.MP.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 102
Hey everyone so today I went to Leslie's Pool Supplies to have them run my water sample and compare their results to what I'm getting. Here are their results:

FC 0.26
TC 3.98
pH 7.2
TA 84
CH 307
CYA 24
Iron 0
Copper 0.1
Phosphates 0
Salt 1220

I was surprised with their FC result because I just added some liquid chlorine this week about 58 oz to be exact. I immediately did my test with my TF 100 kit and these are my results:

FC 6
CC 0.5
TC 6.5
pH 8
CYA <30

I also did the OTO test kit and it looks my Cl levels are in the 3-6 ppm range. I've included a picture for reference.

My pool appears otherwise crystal clear. I'm thinking about going to a different Leslie's store tomorrow and having them run another water sample. I'm going to with the results that I'm getting but I also wanted to get the TFP community's take on this discrepancy. Thanks everyone!
Please. Stop going to the pool store for testing. Ask me why I am"PoolStored." Your TF-100 is infinitely more accurate than any pool store testing. Trust your TF-100.

Rely on the FAS-DPD FC test, ignore the OTO test.

Follow these recommendations: Link-->Pool Care Basics
and always remember to follow this page -->FC/CYA Levels

Test your FC daily and keep it up to FC recommendations for your CYA.

Welcome back to TFP!!! :shark: We have your back!

Last edited:
I read the pH in this pic as 7.8.

pxl_20230204_022528394-mp-jpg.471930

Sorry I forgot to mention that I took the pH with my pH meter which read the pH as 8.0.
What PH meter do you have and how do you calibrate it?

A man who has two watches never knows what time it is.

Use your test kit results and rely on it.

Also watch your CYA. You think it's lower than 30, so it probably is if you're still seeing the dot. Even though your water may still be a bit chilly and you may be using liquid chlorine exclusively, you don't want the CYA lower than 30. Trust your TF-100. If you want validation, link-up with another member from Henderson or the Vegas Valley and have a pool testing lunch. :cheers:

Have a nice weekend.

• Love
Reactions: kaymaza and Newdude
Hey Las Vegas Valley neighbor... Good to see you have found the best pool forum site on the 'net. Keep in mind, you bought one of the recommended test kits and spent good money on it. You don't need to try and find better pool water chemistry test results from a "free source" when your kit is already the best source.

The only thing a pool store can provide value on is a source for 12.5% liquid chlorine and/or 31.45% muriatic acid. The big box stores here in the valley only sell muriatic acid in 14.5% concentration. In fact, depending upon where in Henderson you live, I find that Fresh Pool Supply on Windmill & Eastern always has both. And until the water gets above 55 degrees, you'll need to add liquid chlorine manually.

Reactions: Newdude and kaymaza
What PH meter do you have and how do you calibrate it?

A man who has two watches never knows what time it is.

Use your test kit results and rely on it.
I have the PH-009(I)A pen type pH meter which came with my TF 100 kit. I calibrated it with the solutions that it came with but perhaps I should recalibrate.

Hey Las Vegas Valley neighbor... Good to see you have found the best pool forum site on the 'net. Keep in mind, you bought one of the recommended test kits and spent good money on it. You don't need to try and find better pool water chemistry test results from a "free source" when your kit is already the best source.

The only thing a pool store can provide value on is a source for 12.5% liquid chlorine and/or 31.45% muriatic acid. The big box stores here in the valley only sell muriatic acid in 14.5% concentration. In fact, depending upon where in Henderson you live, I find that Fresh Pool Supply on Windmill & Eastern always has both. And until the water gets above 55 degrees, you'll need to add liquid chlorine manually.
Thanks fellow Vegas valley neighbor for the recommendations 👌

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the PH-009(I)A pen type pH meter which came with my TF 100 kit. I calibrated it with the solutions that it came with but perhaps I should recalibrate.
My experience is that meter becomes unreliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.