Discount Saltwater Compare chart Plumbing style?

karendino

Gold Supporter
Mar 11, 2018
Texas City TX
Been thinking of converting to SWG. Found this link and been comparing a few of the SWG's. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

I don't understand what the Plumbing style means (A*, a, b, c, d).

Got it narrowed down to Two...SJ15 upgrade to SJ20 or SJ20 upgrade to SJ40. But, mind keeps going to the RJ series. Little bit of price difference though.

Thanks

I m sure I will have a few more questions before I pull the trigger.

Not our website, so I have no idea what their plumbing style letters represent. Likely has to do with how the cell is installed, but I do not see a legend.

I think RJ is only for Above Ground pools and lacks a flow switch because the cell is installed right by the return jet and therefore explosive gases could not be traps by it operating without the pump running.

I'd take that with a grain of salt... Not sure what they mean by "Self Cleaning" unless they mean the reverse polarity function. Also I have the SGS and the manual calls for 4000-45000 ppm of salt while the link states 3000-3500ppm.

BTW.. I've had the SGS for 7 years and never an issue.... Knock wood.

Well, maybe I an thinking of a different manufacturer where the RJ was for Return Jet ...

- - - Updated - - -

Just happened on this:

Q: what is the difference between SJ & the RJ systems?
Asked by: Bill - 3/6/2017
A: Great question. Beside the main differences in power and lifespan, here are a few of the things that set them apart once they are in your hands:

The SJ models are very simple, easy-to-use systems. They have status lights that verify the unit is working, tell you at what power level it is set, and whether you need to clean the cell or add salt to the pool. Because it is simple there is less to think about, it is particularly low maintenance (no acid is required to clean the cell), and it is also less expensive.

The RJ and RJ+ models are the flagship systems. They are more powerful and longer lasting. They have a digital screen and touch keypad, giving you more control and diagnostics. It displays the salinity level in real time, calculates the running average, displays the water temperature, and displays the electronic performance levels of the cell so you can see exactly how things are working. The power levels on the RJ models can be turned up and down in smaller increments. RJ models also synchronize more easily with variable-speed pumps if you plan to upgrade.

So the SJ gives you simplicity and a huge value, and the RJ gives you top of the line performance and control.

If you can afford the RJ series get it. The SJ series requires double the water flow than the RJ series and the cells and control panels are a better design on the RJ series. If you choose the RJ+ series the cells are rated to last 1/3rd longer than the other cells, around 15,000 hours compared to 10,500 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.