Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello,

I'm posting this on behalf of my neighbor. She is experiencing brownish spots all over the pool that will not brush off. She tried shocking her pool which didn't do anything to help. I don't have her chemistry parameters handy. Does anyone have any thoughts what may be causing this and any steps she can make to resolve the issue? Thanks!

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 27
Could be a variety of things, and as you said, without test results and history a bit of guesswork. Could be calcium staining, or organic material embedded in calcium. Spots could be tested with a Vitamin C tablet for iron. Rub a chorine tablet on them to see if it's organic. If they used copper products from the pool store if could be copper.

Thanks, I passed your response on to the owner. They had a pool guy come over who told them he believes that the pool had a poor plaster job (pool was completed last year) and the gunite is showing in some places.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.