Dirt in Pool

tkutch

May 2, 2010
I have a new pool that has always had sand in the pool. No I dont have a sand filter. I have spent tons of time brushing the pool to the main drain. Atleast 40min to 1 hr a day. the pool still looks like nothing was done to it. Today I put some goggles on and place a piece of grass over the main drain and all the grass did was float to the top. Is this normal for new pools?

There won't be a really noticable suction on the main drain. You might try turning your skimmer off (assuming they are plumbed separately) to see if flow increases.

You might try washing your deck. Usually a lot of sand from the new concrete unless it's been sealed.

Are you vacuuming the pool?

What do you mean washing the deck? As for vacuum I have a polaris that I changed the amount of running time. It normally only runs 3 hours a day and I changed it to 6 hours. I just want to get the dirt out.

Are you sure the drain even has any circulation? My skimmer was missing a diverter, so nothing was moving. Now I have a diverter and it's adjusted just-so and if I have the occasional bit of debris in the bottom I can push it towards the drain and watch it get pulled in. It usually has to be right on the cover to go down, but I know I'm not that good a shot! It's getting sucked in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.