Digging soon! Question about excavation and haul away

Jul 18, 2015
Zeeland MI
So I’m a little nervous coming up to our dig day. Reason being is that they survey and plot everything out the day of the dig despite me wanting them to come to give opinions first.
Our backyard dips way down from the front yard so the side yard is pretty tight with a steep incline. I doubt any truck will make it back there. It’s a 16x32 pool. Also, the spot where the deep end is going has had trees removed recently. Does that make for a more difficult time digging?
Should I plan on some hefty additional fees for this sort of thing? Or is that a pretty normal scenario?

Attachments

• 1561919520616.png
    1561919520616.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What kind of pool are you putting in? fiberglass, vinyl, plaster? Exciting times ahead :)

We've seen a lot of "tight space" digs. They use smaller Bobcats usually to do the dirty work. If they need to remove the dirt entirely they do sometimes charge you. If you have an area that could use the dirt you might be able to arrange a little side job with the digger to lay it down level for you.

Always mentally add 20% to any work done as a contingency... you may or may not need to spend it.

Maddie :flower:

My build contract included haul away. When i offered them the option to leave the dirt if they leveled off my backyard, they jumped at the chance. It was a huge hole and a mountain of dirt. A few trips with a dump tuck at least. I had a pretty decent slope in the backyard to start. If yours is flat that wouldnt help.

Depending on the size of the trees removed, tree roots might give you some issues, but should not be anything too major. Our excavation included hauling away dirt. They have several size bobcats and I'm sure they will be using the correct one to get in and out of your backyard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.