Digging on Monday! Pool color?

Callie1015

Jun 26, 2019
Coastal Socal
Hi, Our pool will be 16'x 36' rectangular with a 7'x7' spa. I want a light blue/ turquoise water color. I actually like the color of plain white plaster but am considering NPT mini pebble in either Zanzibar or French gray or tropical because of the durability. Wondering if anybody has chosen these colors and may have a picture to share. I have looked at the NPT website but the pictures are very few for Zanzibar and French Gray. Does anyone know if these light colors will show algae more readily than others? Thanks in advance, Callie1015

When we had our pool replastered a couple years ago, we went with a light blue color that was dye that was mixed in with the plaster. That was a terrible idea. I'm not sure if it was just the bcompany we used or what, but our pool is now kind of blotchy, with some lighter blue areas, some white areas, and some darker blue.

When we had our pool replastered a couple years ago, we went with a light blue color that was dye that was mixed in with the plaster. That was a terrible idea. I'm not sure if it was just the company we used or what, but our pool is now kind of blotchy, with some lighter blue areas, some white areas, and some darker blue.
I will say that mixing dyes with plain plaster (marcite) is known to create mottling perhaps moreso than a premixed quartz or pebble finish. Your PB should have warned you of this. Though many plaster finishes can mottle, whether it be from improper application techniques (most common) to other issues. It's just not something that is a slam dunk in the real world to be a nice consistent finish contrary to our wishes.

Picking a pool finish is difficult for many. But know that whatever color you choose, it will look 50 versions of that color in real life. Probably more. One for every possible weather condition and/or viewing angle. I wouldn't obsess and just look for a family of water color that you are comfortable with and you will very likely be happy with the end product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.